Senior Legal Counsel
2 days left
- Full Time
Opportunity for a Senior Legal Counsel level lawyer to join a global financial services institution based in their offices in Edinburgh.
This full time role, reporting to the Head of Legal will be responsible for providing high quality legal advice to senior business stakeholders across the business which will include adviser platforms, advice, wealth management and direct to customer businesses.
The team is also responsible for competition law compliance across business and you will also work closely with the business and across the Legal & Secretariat function globally to deliver an effective high quality legal service.
- Provide high quality legal advice to business stakeholders, typically at a senior management or executive level.
- Attend and participate in forums, committees and projects as required as a representative of the wider function.
- Provide detailed and complex specialist legal, technical and commercial input to projects or propositions to ensure clarity, fairness and enforceability and to ensure that legal, regulatory and reputational risk is managed appropriately and the interests of the business are protected.
- To promote the legal team and its functions and identify new areas/ opportunities where value can be added.
- Actively lead, develop, coach and mentor more junior members of the team to maximise performance, effectiveness and engagement.
- Work flexibly across different business areas supported by the team and provide cross-training opportunities and cross-coverage support.
- Develop and maintain highly effective partnerships with senior internal and external customers and stakeholders in order that legal services provide best value and support the business cost effectively.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and individuals within the Legal and Secretariat function and provide cross team support and knowledge transfer.
- Role model and encourage cross-team collaboration with the goal of functioning as one global team, supporting each other regardless of team line boundaries.
- Manage the effective use of external legal firms and other suppliers to ensure the most cost effective usage in support of the business where applicable and avoid any unnecessary expenditure.
- Proactively keep abreast of legal and relevant regulatory changes and how these will affect the business and maintain an excellent working knowledge of products and propositions.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified lawyer at senior legal counsel level.
- The role involves advising on regulations and laws relating to financial services platforms, SIPPs, Bonds, ISAs and similar products and therefore experience and knowledge in these areas is strongly preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of customer terms and conditions and consumer rights legislation.
- Experience and knowledge of competition law would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience and knowledge of FCA Conduct of Business Sourcebook and Client Assets Sourcebook.
- Experience and knowledge of the platforms, advice and wealth management sectors.
- Relationship building, engagement and role modelling.
A highly competitive salary and benefits package including pension, bonus and flexible benefits. Flexible working arrangements are also available.
If you wish to Apply for this position please click on the Apply Button below or if you wish to contact us to discuss this role in confidence, please Contact David Thomson, Director- Our contact details are on our Totallylegal.com Profile Page or on the Thomson Legal Website.
Apply for Senior Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly