Legal Counsel - Commercial (6+ month FTC)
Global Financial Services Business looking for FTC or Interim Commercial Counsel in Bank Asset&Lending sector
Your new company
Multi-international Financial Services Business with excellent reputation in Bank Asset & Lending Industry. We are now looking for an interim or FTC Commercial Legal Counsel who can support our general commercial businesses, the role will be 6-12 months contracts. Remote work at the moment till August if they have meetings need to be attended.
Your new role
Deliver an outstanding customer experience
- To deliver and demonstrate fair customer outcomes to all customers via internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the 3 core values Harmony, Sincerity & Pioneering Spirit.
- Actively promote and adhere to corporate governance regimes and ensure effective processes and working environments are in place to manage and minimise risk.
- Visit stakeholders across commercial business unit and prospective customers when necessary, negotiate the terms of deals, find workable solutions to problems and build relationships for future business.
- Act as the first point of contact for documentation (reviews and drafting) for new and existing customers/suppliers/brokers/business partners/structures.
- Together with business units, identify opportunities to provide innovative financial solutions including vendor finance programs (either directly or through 3rd party partners), offering end customer leasing facilities (either directly or cross border).
- Financing of Hitachi managed service contracts (through purchase of receivables structure)
- Provide stock finance/cash flow management solutions to support business growth to Hitachi companies and their customers
- Manage the delivery of financial solutions including the transaction structuring, negotiation and documentation.
- Continuously look for new ways to improve existing programs and solutions to add further value to and the wider Hitachi Group
Retaining existing customers and develop new customers whilst maintaining business portfolio quality
- Deliver on agreed priorities whilst maintaining KPI'S and SLA's and effective processes and controls.
- Work with sales teams to help win business and with existing customers to retain/restructure their relationship with the business.
- Manage all aspects of the relationship between commercial business units and external lawyers, both in the UK and Europe.
- Work on projects related to the acquisition and the sale of portfolios
- Advise internal commercial business units on developments in the law in order to minimise legal risk and ensure that the business continues to comply with legal requirements.
- Take day to day responsibility for the compliance with export control requirements
- Attend meetings with Hitachi Group companies across Europe to review, resolve any issues and develop mutual understanding in which the programs can be improved upon
- Create clear action plans outlining any identified opportunities for improvement and present these to the commercial business units and the relevant customer/Group company
- Deputise for the Senior Legal Counsel as and when required.
To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with business requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
- At least 5 years PQE and qualified Solicitor in UK, Australia or New Zealand
- Solid experiences in Bank Asset& Lending, company commercial and regulatory law
- Knowledge of financial services/leasing industry with a focus on vendor finance
- Knowledge and understanding of working and dealing directly multiple stakeholders including supply chain
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and process analysis
- Knowledge and experience of interpreting new regulations and rules, assessing the impact on the business and proposing solutions
- Knowledge and/or experience of export control
- Can start immediately
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary package including car allowance, remote work from home till August or Sept, don't have to be in the office all the time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Legal Counsel - Commercial (6+ month FTC)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly