Legal Project Manager (Magic Circle Firm)
Your new company
Hays Legal are representing a Global Magic Circle Law Firm in their search for a Legal Project Manager to join their dynamic and growing Belfast team.
Your new role
- The purpose of this role is to help increase efficiency, provide exceptional client service and increase profitability on the firm's most complex matters through effective legal project management.
- This position will accelerate the firm's ability to deliver tangible financial and non-financial benefits on selected key matters (in conjunction with the legal team), and to develop, co-ordinate, and implement consistent best practice across the firm.
- The Senior Legal Project Manager (SLPM) will be closely aligned to a practice group to understand and implement the efficient management of sophisticated client engagements, and will relieve busy lawyers of certain non-legal activities, delegating to more junior members of the PMO as appropriate.
- The SLPM will directly support those matters where management to the agreed commercial terms is critical, and where there are a large number of practice areas, fee earners or jurisdictions involved. Support will primarily be given by supporting client teams to better manage project scope and delivery, resulting in capturing out of scope revenue, minimising write-offs, and improving overall matter efficiency
- The SLPM will help foster the integration of legal project management techniques into the culture of the firm and in specific client engagements through the utilisation of the firm's technology, the deployment of firm resources, and by helping to engineer engagement plans that result in high value to the client, exceptional client service and high profitability for the firm.
- The SLPM will be responsible for identifying opportunities to define and implement legal project management best practices within their area of focus by supporting lawyers and through training and tool development.
The role will involve direct client contact therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential.
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a qualified senior lawyer or someone who has previous experience as a senior project manager in a law firm or professional services firm on client facing, fee-earning legal projects who is hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, has a high level of initiative and a willingness to learn. Advanced organisational skills, attention to detail and exemplary writing skills are key.
- The role is also appropriate for a senior lawyer from a magic or silver circle firm, who excels at matter management
- The role is also suitable for a senior project manager from a professional services firm on client facing, fee-earning projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing (to time and budget) complex projects that are strategic and large in scope
- It is essential the incumbent is comfortable with financial management
- Advanced organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment
- Possess a high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making, and follow-through skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- High-level interpersonal skills to facilitate communication in person, by email, and telephone with professionalism and diplomacy. Very strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Desirable to have project management certification (e. PRINCE2)
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Extranets, with strong technical skills and the ability to learn new applications quickly
What you'll get in return
A highly competitive market salary, package of benefits and flexible working options are all on offer for you in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.