Legal Tech Lead (Global Law Firm)
Your new company
Hays Legal are recruiting for a leading Global Law firm with offices in Belfast in their search for a Legal Tech Lead to join their dynamic and innovative team in Belfast.
Your new role
The role of the Legal Technology Solutions Team Lead is to provide operational support for the legal technology tools and services. This will cover deal management or contract lifecycle tools, with the addition of further technologies as the firm expand their toolset in areas such as artificial intelligence, web technologies and knowledge and collaboration, to meet clients' future needs.
The Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a support team to provide the required operational support to the firm's customers (internal and external) who use legal technology solutions.
You will provide end-to-end ownership and resolution of incidents, requests and escalations working with teams across the department and will provide the appropriate reporting for this role.
This role will respond to the firm's lawyer and client queries with advice, setup and implementation of agreed initiatives. There will also be opportunities to help design and configure technical project solutions. This individual will be expected to advise lawyers and clients on how to use and manage a range of tools so that risks are well understood and managed.
What you'll need to succeed
- The ability to provide technical leadership to operational staff for supported legal technology solutions
- The confidence and customer service skills to liaise with senior management and customers, escalating as required
- The ability to determine, document and agree requirements with Project Delivery teams for new services to enable effective Service Transition
- An enthusiasm and passion for excellent customer service coupled with the ability to promote technology within the firm, using business friendly language, and seek out opportunities with tangible business benefits
- A highly self-motivated self-starter who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards
- Define and deliver continuous improvement programmes so that, where applicable, systems deliver an improved performance to the business
- Embed risk awareness and management into technical decision making in order to support the firm's approach to risk with a focus on stability and integrity of systems
- Having an open mind to consider all alternatives when making technology decisions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both orally and written
- Ability to manage ambiguity and often conflicting priorities
- Ability to develop good working relationships across Advanced Delivery & Solutions and IT teams
- High level of personal credibility, impact and influence with proven ability to work effectively and persuasively at all levels of the business
- Excellent understanding of the firm and the legal technology market and trends
- Knowledge of the portfolio of legal technology products within the firm and their intended uses
- Commercial acumen, including an understanding of the overall picture of Advanced Delivery & Solutions and IT service costs and how technology adds value to the business
- Knowledge of key steps in legal technology, IT support and project processes
What you'll get in return
An excellent market salary, package of benefits and flexible working options are all on offer in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Legal Tech Lead (Global Law Firm)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly