Legal Cashier Supervisor
3 days left
- Full Time
Supervising Legal Cashier
Cheadle area/South Manchester
£30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
My client are a Top 200 Law firm specialising in all areas of personal injury. They are are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence and they are looking for a Senior/Supervising Legal Cashier to join their expanding firm.
As an experienced Senior/Supervising Legal Cashier, you will supervise other members in the cashiering team to ensure the smooth and effective running of the department. You will maintain responsibilities in day-to-day general legal cashiering duties.
You will be the initial point of contact for billing and client ledger queries, ensuring the firm's financial transactions are accurate and follow the Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Main responsibilities of the role
- Liaising with file handling departments regarding accounting transactions and dealing with any queries that may arise in a timely manner.
- Assisting the processing of client and office account transactions, with reference to billing.
- Providing guidance to team members as necessary and acting as point of contact for any complex queries.
- Ensuring compliance with the Solicitor's Accounts Rules within the team.
- Reconciliation of disbursement supplier statements as required.
- Absence approval and always ensuring appropriate cover within the team.
- Other duties as may be required by the firm.
- Solid experience in working as a legal cashier within a busy law firm.
- Previous experience in managing a legal cashier team or at the very least, experience in managing a team.
- Up to date knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and compliance.
- Highly proficient IT skills, especially Excel and legal accounting software.
- Friendly and approachable and have the confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels, and to liaise with all parties both internal and external.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Standard working hours are 8:30am to 5:00am Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 4 Friday.
- 20 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 23 days, plus bank/public hols. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and you are not required to use your holiday entitlement for this period.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service.
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service.
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company.
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24-hour helpline, Legal info and CBT - available immediately
- Free fruit delivered twice a week.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you're looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.
Apply for Legal Cashier Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly