Banking & Finance Solicitor - Magic Circle Firm
Your new company
Our client is a leading Global Law firm in Belfast and they're conducting a search for an ambitious solicitor with banking & finance experience to join their growing team in Belfast.
Your new role
Belfast plays an increasing role in delivering important elements of major litigation cases and transactions, as well as in coordinating teams of lawyers from around the world.
The Belfast team are a key part of our client's advanced delivery and solutions offering, which is changing the way in which the firm delivers legal services to its clients by making intelligent use of technology and resources to complement the traditional legal services provided by the firm throughout the world.
They have created a truly collaborative culture where talented individuals work together to flourish and achieve great things.
Having developed the right level of legal experience, Junior Associates are a key part of the the Belfast team as they gain recognition as subject matter experts in a practice group, lead their own projects, develop new workstreams and forge client relationships (mainly internal).
The team in Belfast works on a range of matters across the firm's product lines, with particular focus on general banking, leveraged finance, projects, regulatory advice and alternative investment. Banking, and its various sub-groups, provide clear growth potential for A&O Belfast, and expansion of the team is crucial to its further development.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with 2 to 4 years' PQE within the banking & finance practice of a reputable law firm
- Commercial awareness and critical thinking
- Strong technical knowledge of banking transactional work, loan due diligence and loan transfers
- Solid experience of drafting basic finance documents
- Familiarity with LMA (or equivalent) documentation
- Broad understanding of banking law and principles
- Experience in specialist areas (e. - regulatory or funds and asset management) desirable
- A professional manner and exceptional levels of judgement
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of self-motivation
- Proven ability to take ownership of work
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple deadlines
- A team player with the ability to lead and supervise others
- A high level of affinity with legal technology
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary, package and flexible working options are all available to you.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Banking & Finance Solicitor - Magic Circle Firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly