2 days left
- Full Time
Shearwater is a financially secure seismic exploration company with strong supportive owners. Their main focus is to provide superior geophysical services to their clients, meeting high standards of quality in both what they do and how they deliver it.
The Legal Function is a small but growing team and is looking to add a Legal Counsel to assist primarily on contract reviews and negotiations together with the Supply Chain team as well as on a variety of matters. This role would ideally suit someone with 2 years plus PQE who is looking to make their first move in-house or someone who already has in-house experience in contract negotiations.
The successful candidate will relate to the company culture of being safe, respectful, inclusive, dynamic and ambitious. You will be a team player, with a positive and commercial-minded “can do” attitude. You will have the ability to build good relations within the organisation and have a strong sense of integrity and excellent communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts with subcontractors, suppliers and other third parties, including terms and conditions for purchase orders and agreements for the purchase of equipment and services;
- Providing contract / legal advice to the business on a variety of commercial agreements;
- Working closely with the Supply Chain team and other internal departments, including Finance, Tax and HR.
- Drafting and maintaining legal templates / agreements;
- Providing support to the Legal Function on a variety of projects as necessary.
- Preferred Legal qualification (PQE 2 years +). Contract Management qualifications will also be considered.
- Previous experience in either the oil and gas industry or maritime industry preferred.
- Experience in carrying out contract reviews; corporate and commercial law.
- Pro-active mindset with the ability to efficiently deliver quality outcomes.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, escalate appropriately and multi-task.
- Self-starter who can work collaboratively within a team.
We Can Offer
Shearwater Geoservices is fast becoming the Geophysical services provider of choice and offers a range and quality of technologies to match this ambition. Our dynamic, forward thinking company culture focusses on team efforts helping us work towards our company goals. Our success will be your success.
We have a friendly working atmosphere and pride ourselves on being an inclusive company throughout our offices across the globe. Along with regular social events, and a competitive benefits package, Shearwater has built an environment where our employees enjoy coming to work.