Corporate Associate (2YR PQE +)
Your new company
Our client is a leading Magic Circle Law Firm with offices based in Belfast and we are delighted to be representing them in their search for the top Corporate talent in the market. As such they are recruiting a number of Corporate Associates to join their dynamic team.
Your new role
Having developed the right level of legal experience you will work independently, lead a team and be the first line of support for Associates and Senior Associates.
The team at the firm in Belfast work on the full range of corporate matters, with a particular focus on M&A, private equity and large-scale reorganisations.
The Corporate practice is a clear area of growth for the firm and as part of this our client is looking to strengthen their presence in Belfast to further compliment and develop it's team.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified solicitor (or equivalent) with at least 2 years PQE + working within a reputable firm in a corporate role Strong technical corporate experience with the ability to lead key corporate transactions, in particular leading on due diligence exercises
- Solid experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Broad understanding of general company law principles
- Interest in complex multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisation and legal entity integration projects and experience of managing teams of overseas lawyers (often from other law firms) providing local law support to the client desirable
- Equity and debt capital markets experience desirable
- Consistently demonstrate a professional manner with evidence of exceptional levels of judgement, commercial awareness and critical thinking
- Strong focus on detail and high levels of self-motivation
- Proven ability to take ownership of own work
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Strong relationship-building skills - a team player with the ability to establish credibility and inspire confidence with clients and senior colleagues
- Must show evidence of a high level of personal resilience coupled with an ambition to continuously challenge oneself
- Demonstrate a high level of affinity with or willingness to use legal technology
What you'll get in return
An excellent market salary, leading benefits package and flexible working options are all available for you in this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Corporate Associate (2YR PQE +)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly