Corporate and Commercial Lawyer (In-House)
Our client is a large & prestigious financial services provider who are seeking an experienced Company and Commercial lawyer who can support the business in connection with corporate and commercial advice to the business as well as engagement issues across the business.
General business support
- Drafting and negotiation of significant business contracts including relating to IT, software licensing, property;
- Data protection issues;
- General commercial legal advice;
- Support in development of key legal and risk policies e financial crime;
- Support on regulatory issues;
- Providing legal and other support to Head of Risk/General Counsel;
- Providing clear and succinct advice to leadership and senior management on matters of particular significance.
Engagement specific support
- Supporting client teams on contract issues relating to proposals and tenders
- Assisting client teams in the negotiation and agreement of engagement and other contracts
- Responding to miscellaneous engagement contract-related enquiries
- Drafting and advising on contract terms and related matters
- Providing solutions to engagement contract-related problems
- Working on framework and master service agreements
- Providing support on confidentiality and other agreements
- Helping with the development of policies on engagement contracting risk
- Liaising with external lawyers as required.
- Advice on corporate governance;
- Transaction support and advice (M&A and financing);
- UK qualified solicitor with a minimum of 4 years post qualification experience
- Experience of handling legal or contracting queries and drafting or amending legal documents
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to articulate points in writing and orally, clearly and succinctly
- Negotiating abilities
- Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Ability to handle difficult or pressurised situations or people
The role is initially for a 6 mth period with a possibility of extension.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Corporate and Commercial Lawyer (In-House)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly