In-House Corporate & Commercial Lawyer (5+PQE), London
Our client is an international organisation and a leading FMCG enterprise. This recruit is a new recruit to join the existing legal team. It is an opportunity to make this role your own as well as lead and manage responsibilities. The position reports into the Head of Legal.
As Senior Legal Counsel, you will be working in an efficient legal team supporting the business on its daily activities and strategic initiatives.
Your work will be broadly corporate and commercial, but not limited to:
- Advising and leading on M&A projects to include Sale and Purchase Agreements.
- Managing the legal aspects of any financing arrangements including dividends, equity, issuances, reductions of capital and loan arrangements.
- Advising and leading on joint ventures to include the dissolution of any joint venture arrangements.
- Work with the business across its UK and European operations and other international markets.
- Drafting, negotiating, and advising on a range of commercial contracts and agreements to include licensing, supply, distribution, IP/IT, property, marketing, finance, and other associated commercial arrangements.
- Advising on any corporate governance and/or compliance issues.
- Working with external law firms.
- Proactively engaging with the business to manage and mitigate risk.
- Supporting the business on its strategic initiatives.
- Have a minimum of 5 years' post qualified experience working in a law firm or a combination of a law firm and in-house.
- Be qualified in England & Wales or in another jurisdiction with the requisite UK experience sufficient to support the level of function required.
- Be able to effectively apply legal principles to a range of legal matters.
- Have strong drafting and negotiating skills.
- Be able to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing.
- Have an organised approach to tasks and ensure matters are progressed within timeframes.
- Be flexible and adaptable to working in an in-house environment.
- Be able to build strong rapport and professional relationships across teams and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Speak Spanish as a preference but this is not essential.
Offices are located in Cambridge with flexibility to work 3 days per week from home. A range of benefits and incentives are being offered.
Please send your CV to Donna Rosenberg. All applications and conversations are strictly private & confidential. This is an exclusive recruit to Jameson Legal.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit
Apply for In-House Corporate & Commercial Lawyer (5+PQE), London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly