Accounts Payable Officer - International law firm
A high profile law firm based in the heart of the City is seeking an accounts payable officer to join their small, friendly and progressive Finance team.
Previous accounts payable experience is essential and experience with using Elite 3E is essential.
As it is a small team you will be exposed to all aspects of the AP and wider accounts department
Duties will include:
– working on the accounts payable function including expenses, vendor invoices and cash receipts
– reviewing payment runs before they are finalised
– processing the daily reconciliations for all client accounts
– processing client account payment and receipts
– reviewing account balances and ensure compliance with SRA
– process interest calculations on client balances
– working as part of a team to cover absence and over busy periods
- Preparing weekly bulk payment runs by BACS/CHAPS, on the firm's on-line banking platform, as well as cheques, in order to adhere to supplier payment terms. Payments include local and international payments.
- raising ad hoc payment batches both on BACS and cheques for urgent payments, as required.
- despatching remittance advices to suppliers, on a timely basis, as confirmation of payment.
- reconciling supplier statements on a regular basis in order to identify any discrepancies, and working to resolve them in a timely manner, liaising with budget heads and their deputies as required.
- undertaking regular review of all open items, and using initiative to clear down such items.
- confidently communicating with suppliers, fee earners or budget holders, remaining professional at all times.
- filing on a daily basis for Accounts Payable, Expenses and Disbursements.
- liaising with firm signatories and approvers on a daily basis to ensure payment batches are approved and released in a timely manner.
Our client can offer a great working environment, opportunity for flexible working and superb offices in the heart of the City!