Head of Legal
Position: Head of Legal
Line Manager/Reports to: Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Legal to join our growing team in central London. This is a unique opportunity to bring your skills and ideas to a fast-growing fintech company, where you will carry out vital tasks that protect our integrity and reputation; advise on global legal and regulatory issues; and keep us updated on relevant legal and regulatory matters. Your skill and collaboration will play a key role in helping to deliver our ambitious plans.
MillTechFX (the trading name of Millennium Global Treasury Services Limited) was founded in January 2019 to provide corporates, institutions and assets managers with direct access to transparent and competitive multi-bank rates offering low cost FX execution (website: www.milltechfx.com). MillTechFX is an affiliate of Millennium Global Investments (“MGIL”), one of the largest independent currency managers, and MillTechFX has recently raised funding from venture capital investors.
You will be asked to expertly perform key legal and regulatory management activities that support the achievement of MillTechFX’s mission and the flourishing of its culture. This role would ideally suit someone who thrives on fast pace, rolling their sleeves up and having the ability to make a difference.
As a valued member of the legal and compliance team, you will help us serve those who depend on our work including colleagues, investors, regulators, customers and suppliers.
What will you actually do?
You will be responsible for drafting and managing legal documentation such as customer agreements, ISDA and CSA’s, confidentiality agreements, counterparty bank agreements and distribution agreements amongst others.
You will have previous experience working as a Head of Legal or Senior Legal Manager in a payment’s institution &/or investment management &/or banking role.
The Head of Legal reports to the Chief Legal & Compliance officer, who in turn reports to MillTechFX’s CEO. You will work closely with members of the legal and compliance team within our sister company, Millennium Global Investments Limited.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Drafting, review and negotiation of contract terms with clients, counterparty banks, distribution partners and suppliers;
- Management of existing contracts and subcontracts with clients, distribution partners, counterparty banks and suppliers;
- Implement and management of standard agreements such as NDA’s, terms and conditions, ISDA/CSA’s and associated documentation;
- Responsibility to maintain our HR related policies and procedures including the staff handbook; and
- Manage the maintenance of and compliance with appropriate data privacy policies to ensure compliance with current law.
Policies and Procedures
- Supporting the business with compliance and regulatory change projects;
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures resulting from regulatory changes;
- Ensure client on-boarding meets legal and regulatory requirements, with particular focus on:
- Counterparty bank set up on IHS-Markit;
- Client reporting and marketing documentation review, approval and record keeping;
- Keeping client legal and compliance records up to date; and
- Creation and regular review and update of compliance and legal policies and procedures.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes in the UK, EU, USA and other jurisdictions in which the firm conducts business;
We are deeply committed to embedding good equality and diversity practice into all of our activities so that we are an inclusive, welcoming and inspiring place to work. Specifically, for this role, we would welcome:
- A passion for helping MillTechFX to develop into a leading company with outstanding practices and culture;
- An understanding and working knowledge of European financial services regulation, including Market Abuse Regulation, Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II and the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook;
- In depth knowledge of relevant of OTC FX derivative documentation, regulation and familiarity with the FX Global code;
- The ability to interpret, understand and advise all levels of seniority in the business of an appropriate course of action on a broad range of legal and regulatory provisions;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work closely with colleagues and counterparties;
- Experience of buy side legal and compliance advisory is beneficial;
- High attention to detail and excellent accuracy;
- Self-motivated with good time management skills;
- High levels of integrity and the ability to act with due skill, care, diligence and confidentiality;
- Pay due regard to the interests of our customers and treat them fairly; and
- Dedication to observing proper standards of market conduct.
What we offer in return?
Our commitment is to help you flourish in this role, through support with your professional development, opportunities to be involved in key projects, and exposure to challenges that you may not be offered in a larger organisation. We will provide:
- A competitive salary dependent on experience with annual reviews;
- Pension scheme with employer contributions;
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays;
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities;
- Flexible remote working arrangement options;
- Gym membership contributions;
- Medical insurance; and
- Season ticket loan.
How to apply?
We would love to hear from you if you think that you’re a good fit for this role. To apply you should complete the on-line application form and upload your cv. One of the team will then be in touch with you to discuss the next steps.
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from people who are eligible to work in the UK.