Capital Markets Lawyer
7 days left
- Full Time
A global investment management company seeks to appoint a Capital Markets Lawyer to be based in it's Manchester office. The role will sit within the EMEA legal team providing product specific advise to a number of areas including liquidity, FX Derivatives, Capital Market, Securities Financing and Treasury. In addition to the product-specific advice, the team provides a broad range of legal advice and assistance to the Collateral Management business.
The position involves the following key responsibilities:
- providing timely advice and assistance to the Capital Markets business, risk and compliance partners, and Treasury in respect of its securities trading activities;
- providing legal advice and assistance on new legislation and regulation, new markets, new products and product development;
- negotiating documents to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures promulgated by the legal department;
- considering proposed amendments to existing service terms, deal documents/structures and informal/formal knowledge-sharing within legal department;
- building relationships with management and control functions (Compliance, Risk, Legal) to ensure understanding with the Bank's regulatory and contractual obligations, identifying areas of improvement for documents policies and standards, and advising on the documentation for new services or markets;
- considering regulatory issues, including maintaining an understanding of existing and proposed regulatory requirements, trends and best practices for EMEA, and providing coverage for any regulatory implementation or remediation initiatives;
- maintaining understanding of US regulatory issues impacting the business through engagement with the US legal team;
- supporting the instruction and management of external counsel, both in the UK and overseas;
The successful candidate will have at circa 7 years PQE with a legal and regulatory background in institutional/wholesale banking and specifically fixed income securities trading, brokerage and capital markets-related disciplines. Custody bank related experience is not vital. Experience of the fixed income securities trading, brokerage, capital markets legal and regulatory issues; markets-related regulatory frameworks, in particular implementation and advisory role on MIFID, FCA Rules is highly desirable.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Capital Markets Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly