I am working on a new role within the regulatory team of a global bank. The successful applicant will be joining a tight knit team working directly with the Head of Regulatory for EMEA. This position is open to applicants in London, Manchester and Edinburgh.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:-
- legal support and strategic advice for regulatory matters including in relation to responsiveness, content and quality of responses to requests and requirements of national regulators and supervisors;
- legal support, advice and guidance for bank’s implementation projects for regulatory remediation, regulatory change programmes and compliance with national legislation and regulation in EMEA;
- thought leadership regarding regulatory relationships and requirements;
- provide advice to various levels of management on UK and European regulation eg AIFMD, UCITS, MIFID, CRD, BRRD and DGSD;
- review and/or drafting of internal policies and position papers and external comment and response letters in connection with regulatory proposals and industry initiatives .
This role is best suited to a lawyer with 3-8 years of experience in financial services regulatory matters. This team covers all divisions within the bank which will give you a wide range of regulatory exposure and experience. You will be working with senior members of the business up to Chairman and need to have a good technical grasp of regulatory issues. Due to the multi-jurisdictional nature of the role the client is open to CVs from candidates who have qualified outside of England & Wales, as well as England & Wales qualified lawyers.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.
Apply for Regulatory Lawyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly