Interim Senior Counsel - 6 month assignment
Initially 6 month contract with high potential to extend further and will include broad in-house legal matters.
Global manufacturing brand who are at the top of their game and who use innovative technology to stand out from their competition.
Provide expert and pragmatic legal advice on a timely basis to support the business and its subsidiaries in a variety of areas.
Key areas in which regular legal advice may be needed include:
- drafting, negotiating and advising on all types of commercial contract across the EU including e. agreements regarding supply of goods/services, IT projects, confidentiality, marketing, agency, consultancy, sponsorship, outsourcing, franchising, logistics, manufacturing, motor sports etc.;
- consumer protection law;
- marketing and advertising law; and
- compliance matters, including data protection, competition, health and safety and environmental law, regulated financial activities, anti-bribery and modern slavery.
- Support with legal and compliance policy development and reviews.
- Assist with compliance and other legal training initiatives and programmes.
- Proactively identify risk areas and work with the business to develop risk mitigation solutions.
- Manage the work of external legal counsel on a Pan-EU basis, where appropriate.
- Assist with corporate governance matters such as a yearly assessment of risk, ethics and compliance, as well as monitoring progress in these areas.
Candidate must be a Qualified solicitor in England and Wales and be engaging, have in-house exposure (ideally in manufacturing or technology businesses, although this is not essential).
- 5 years+ PQE.
- In-house exposure is essential to this role.
- A sound understanding of all aspects of commercial law and compliance and an ability to apply that knowledge pragmatically in a business environment.
- Experience of working on/managing matters with a cross border and foreign jurisdiction element and managing external legal counsel.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, priorities and tight deadlines, with demonstrated organisation and execution skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to appreciate diverse cultures and systems and adapt accordingly.
- Good day rate: up to £500 per day if working through umbrella company (inside IR35)
- Good flexibility - 2 days working from home will likely be the norm
- Working hours - 8am-4pm (Mon-Thu with 30 minute lunch break) and 8am-1pm (Fri) whilst still getting paid full days work
- Really lovely team and collaborative environment
- Excellent scope to work on high profile projects and broad commercial, compliance, DP legal matters.