Legal Counsel - Property and Commercial (Renewables Sector)
Junior to mid-level legal role with a green energy generation company (renewables)
Our Client is a green energy generation business with multiple assets through the UK and the rest of the world.
Reporting to and, under the supervision of the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will be tasked with:
- Assisting with the drafting, negotiating, amending and tracking a range of project based and commercial documents.
- End to end management of both commercial and property related transactions, navigating internal process and coordination on behalf of the business to reach timely and successful execution of documentation.
- Supporting the business in following the correct legal, compliance and governance procedures to ensure effective contracting, procurement and negotiation.
- Working with business units to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations that apply to the business as a whole, helping mitigate any possible risks to the organisation.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of draft and standard template documentation, including policies.
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties such as external lawyers, corporate brokers, regulators, registrars, exchanges etc.
- Management of ongoing insurance issues and maintenance of group insurance policies and liaising with business units for timely renewals.
- Researching and anticipating legal issues that may impact the business.
- Assisting with fund raising processes, including liaison with brokers, listing agents, banks and other financial institutions.
- Assisting with ongoing company secretarial administration of group companies including managing the filing of documents.
- Assisting with ongoing development of environment, social and governance policies for the group.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- be a UK or Common Law jurisdiction qualified lawyer
- have between 1 and 5 years PQE (please note, work and salary on offer are appropriate for a lawyer at this level of PQE)
- have expertise in commercial property gained in private practice at a Chambers Ranked law firm or, in house, within an established and respected in house legal team.
A skill set beyond commercial property matters is not essential, however, the willingness to take on work outside of commercial property is. The role would also be appropriate for a property lawyer who has worked within a law firm supporting other areas of the firm on projects (and has an understanding of how different areas of a project might inteact with property matters).
For further information about the package on offer for this role, please contact David Taylor at Michael Page Legal, who is the exclusively instructed agent for this role.