Principal Litigation Lawyer - Civil & Criminal
LAW Absolute is working with a local authority based in London in their search for an Interim Principal Litigation Lawyer- Civil & Criminal, for an initial three-month rolling contract.
The successful Principal Litigation Lawyer will be required to undertake the following:
- To act as the Councils source of expertise in relation to civil and criminal litigation.
- To provide representation at courts or tribunals and to provide advice, guidance, and practical assistance on local government law generally.
- To oversee the Councils legal caseload in relation to civil and criminal matters.
- To provide training to members and clients on relevant law.
- To prepare reports for and attend the Councils cabinet and committees.
- To manage a team of lawyers and legal assistants.
- To prepare briefs to Counsel.
It is essential that candidates applying for the role have a current practising certificate and are available on no more than two weeks’ notice. This is an urgent interim role with management experience essential.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
At LAW Absolute we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to every candidate individually.
If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has not been successful and your details have not been retained. LAW Absolute acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
Apply for Principal Litigation Lawyer - Civil & Criminal
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly