This position is a key member of the Legal Team and will support on a variety of commercial legal matters and will have responsibility for managing the contract management system.
My client is a global, high-growth medical company, based in the Oxfordshire regions.
The key responsibilities for the successful Legal Counsel are:
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide legal and commercial advice with respect to all manner of contracts (customer contracts, supply agreements, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements, licenses and others as needed), with support from the Legal Director as needed.
- Provide advice on broader legal topics such as data privacy, HR and property matters as needed.
- Become the lead legal contact for specific areas of support such as the management of non-disclosure agreements and consulting agreements.
- Business partnering with key stakeholders to find solutions and respond to day to day legal issues.
- Administer contracts for the licensing of intellectual property, including contract reports and financial payment obligations.
- Responsible for contract database management and to provide support and training to the business on compliance with the contract management policy.
- Assist in developing and maintaining precedent documents and legal training.
- Work with the Legal Director to create and/or implement policies and procedures for compliance risk areas working with internal and external resources to adapt company policies for local jurisdictions.
- Maintain the highest standards of integrity for the organisation.
- Support with the management of outside counsel as required.
- Close collaboration with a broad range of functions.
- Qualified lawyer with NQ to 5 years of relevant legal experience
- Legal knowledge in a variety of areas to include:
- employment law, property, data privacy, subsidiary entity management and regulatory matters.
- Some in-house or international experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to manage a range of projects and priorities and to work to tight deadlines
- Professional Certification
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Hands on and execution focused attitude
- First class interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks
- Willingness to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and to adapt to situations as they arise
The successful Legal Counsel will get the chance to work alongside a highly experienced legal director and be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.