Information Governance Attorney
Do you want to find a way out of fee earning, but still love the law? This position could be for you:
Our client, a major international law firm, are looking for an Information Governance Attorney to join them on a permanent basis. This role could be based in either London or Manchester.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the preservation, collection, processing, review and production of documents and electronically stored information, including development of procedures and technologies for a streamlined, cost-effective electronic discovery/disclosure program for matters involving the firm as a party or custodian.
Other key responsibilities include:
* Working with client-facing attorneys on responding to discovery requests served on the firm, including preparing custodians of records and other witnesses and attending discovery conferences.
* Providing internal pre-litigation and litigation data management.
* Coordinating the destruction of files (electronic and physical) in response to protective orders and agreements with other parties, as well as at the end of applicable retention periods.
* Advising on security and privacy issues, including assisting with the evaluation of new applications and services.
* Developing internal policies, procedures, guidelines and best practices with respect to information governance issues.
* Working with an international team of Information Governance professionals, including members of the Information Governance Compliance team based in the United States and London.
* Are a fully qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 4 years' PQE (especially if you have completed additional coursework in technology-related fields)
* Have a high degree of proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
* Have a several years of experience in years client-facing practice
* Excellent leadership skills (e., organizing, planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective supervision.
* Knowledge of the concepts, principles, management, and processing of electronically stored information (ESI) as they relate to legal matters, including the use of various ESI management and review tools and applications.
* Knowledge of security laws, including breach notification laws.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance.
Salary is dependent upon experience and location:
London is GBP 65,700 - 98,500 and for Manchester 54,200 - 81,400
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Information Governance Attorney
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly