Senior Legal Counsel
The Senior Legal Counsel is responsible for providing commercial legal support to all business units and will involve a significant level of responsibility, it will provide you the opportunity to grow within an experienced, supportive and collaborative team.
An innovative business that is well-known on a global level and continuing to grow.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of corporate and commercial contracts and transactions.
- Working closely with the executive management teams to assist them to achieve their corporate strategy and objectives, whilst managing risk and compliance.
- Working closely with the global sales and procurement business units, including deal structuring, drafting, negotiation and risk review across a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Working closely with finance, company secretariat, tax, communications, insurance, HR and IT.
- Providing legal advice and support to key internal stakeholders in relation to corporate projects, initiatives and transactions such as M&A, joint ventures and other commercial opportunities.
- Working with key internal stakeholders, leading and managing the companies strategy and response with respect to any claims, disputes or litigation which may affect the business.
- Providing legal advice and to help ensure that the business conducts its activities in an ethical manner, compliant with corporate policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations in each of the jurisdictions in which it operates.
The Successful Senior Legal Counsel will have:
- 6-11+ year's PQE
- A mix of in house and private practice experience preferred.
- Experience of sales, supply, outsource and procurement agreements.
- Experience with M&A, joint venture and partnering transactions and agreements.
- Experience with technology, software and SaaS transactions.
- Clear and concise writing and drafting skills
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent business judgement and strategic thinking.
- Highly effective communications style, translating complex legal issues into readily understandable documents.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with multiple business functions.
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good judgement and focus on solving problems
- Ability to work in a team and also autonomously.
An opportunity to develop with a highly experienced legal team and grow your career. You will also benefit from a competitive salary and the ability to work flexibly with only a few days in the office in Oxfordshire.