Project Finance Lawyer
The role will primarily support the regulation and financing workstreams requiring an ability to work in a fast paced environment. The team is a relatively small team and the ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about taking ownership of workstreams and be able to work flexibly across a number of areas sometimes outside their core expertise, with a "can do" attitude.
My client is an ambitious project to connect the Irish and UK electricity grids via a 170km subsea cable. Now is an exciting time to join the business as it enters the advanced planning stages in readiness for a EUR450m (EPC Contract) investment commencing in mid 2021. Uniquely, my client is independently financed and backed by a market leading private investment group. My client will be one of the first interconnectors to obtain project financing.
- Provide legal support to the Head of Regulation and Financing including working with the project's advisers to develop, negotiate and implement the financing arrangements.
- Reviewing and putting in place licences such as Crown Estates, Irish Foreshore and working with the CRU to develop the interconnector licence development.
- Respond to ad hoc legal questions on project documentation
- Provide support to the other legal counsel on other project work as required, including aspects of the construction contracts
- Provide legal input to risk assessments on project contracts, as well as the project risk register, as required
- Provide input to the project programme and manage specific aspects of the legal budget, as required.
- Qualified UK or Commonwealth solicitor with 5+ years PQE (not including training or graduate contracts) in a fast-paced construction, project financing or other relevant area
- Track record in project financing legal documentation development and negotiation
- Excellent experience of drafting, negotiating and managing contracts across a range of areas
- Strong experience of transaction management and strong project management skills
- Experience of general corporate law documentation.
- Commercially aware with a strong interest in the development of infrastructure projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels within the business
- Willingness to work closely with the other legal counsel to "divide and conquer" the busy legal program
- Ownership of workstreams and challenges, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to not only meet, but drive others to meet, strict deadlines
- Pro-active and able to work independently to sole problems
- Able to roll sleeves up and be involved in all aspects of the project
- Able to travel as required to Ireland
- Able to work alone at home under current pandemic
12 months FTC + possibility
Opportunity to work for one of the most innovative projects
Competitive salary +bonus