Junior Compliance Lawyer - Magic Circle Firm
We are currently working with a leading magic circle law firm that is looking for a Junior Compliance Associate to join their busy compliance team in their office in London. The new hire will be focusing on a wide range of compliance and risk issues.
The Role of a Junior Compliance Lawyer
The Compliance group is a thriving practice area, comprising of 19 individuals. The group is headed by the firm’s General Counsel with support from the firm’s Head of Compliance. The team work on a variety of core compliance issues including the regulatory aspects of matters such as anti-money laundering; anti-bribery corruption; sanctions; business acceptance risk; conflicts; confidentiality; insider lists; dealing rules and ethical walls.
It is a broad and business-facing legal role, replicating the multi-specialist approach taken by the firm’s practice. The new junior compliance associate can expect not be pigeon-holed with each day promising to be different.
Key responsibilities of a Junior Compliance Lawyer
- Assist in devising and maintaining the firm’s policies and procedures, and to develop its standard forms, on all core compliance issues
- Deal with everyday queries from fee earners / Business Services staff on all core compliance topics
- Develop expertise in SRA/other relevant regulation affecting the firm’s business, forming contacts and networking with regulators, representative bodies and peers in other law firms as appropriate
- Review clients’ terms and conditions of business
- Assist the members of the compliance team in considering the legal issues which affect the firm’s conduct of its business. This includes, for example, reviewing commercial contracts with key suppliers and other procurement support.
To be considered for the Junior Compliance Lawyer position you will:
- be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales or other Commonwealth jurisdiction (Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc.)
- be 1-2 PQE
- have some compliance experience or demonstrable interest in compliance law
- excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
- excellent written communication and drafting skills
- strong service orientation - a "client first" culture
For more information please contact Dexanne Balana at EJ Legal.
As part of EJ Legal’s candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 14 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale this means your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We may keep your details on our system on a confidential basis for future opportunities. If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.
Apply for Junior Compliance Lawyer - Magic Circle Firm
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly