Business Development Manager
A national law firm with entrepreneurial spirit and an innovative outlook is looking to hire a Business Development Manager to support its ambitious expansion plans. In this brand-new client-facing role, you will be managing all business development activities for the office across practice and sector groups.
Specifically, the Business Development Manager role will involve:
- Identifying growth opportunities and generating leads, particularly targeting the corporate mid-market and SMEs.
- Leveraging networking opportunities, attending industry events and developing partnerships with relevant trade bodies and associations.
- Developing and growing business from intermediaries.
- Client relationship management – enhancing relationships with existing clients to grow new areas of business as well as develop new products, services and value adds for clients.
- Playing an advisory, coaching and supporting role to partners and fee-earners on their business development activities.
- Working with partners to help them to cross-sell across different practice groups.
- Working on bids and proposals.
- Client and market research.
This is a great role for either an established BD Manager who enjoys being client facing and is looking for a new challenge or a Senior Business Development Executive who is ready to take the next step and grow into a role. You will also demonstrate:
- Strong business development and sales experience gained in professional services or a B2B environment.
- A good understanding of the corporate, mid-market and SME business environment.
- Tenacity and an entrepreneurial approach to business development.
- A proven track record of developing a sales pipeline.
- The ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally and have excellent influencing skills.
The role is home based and will require travel nationwide. Suitable applicants must be prepared for overnight stays. Living within the Midlands would be an advantage. A full driving licence is essential.
Salary & Benefits
The role offers a very competitive salary, bonus scheme and a company car or car allowance. The Business Development Manager will also benefit from:
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service plus bank holidays.
- A flexible pension scheme, including life assurance.
- Employee discount.
- Generous refer a friend scheme.
- A fantastic range of voluntary benefits.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent Business Development Manager role, please apply now.