Practice Development Lawyer- TMT
Excellent non-fee earning opportunity for a lawyer to join the TMT team of a leading international law firm- this role can be based in Edinburgh or Glasgow.
- The TMT practice of this major commercial law firm is a diverse practice dealing with transactional, dispute and advisory work The privacy, cyber and data ('Information Law') team (comprising of fee earners specialising in data protection, privacy litigation and cyber) sit within TMT and collectively is made up of over 50 partners, legal directors and lawyers working across a network of UK and international offices.
- The team has seen a huge surge in demand as a result of the GDPR and related legislation coming into force, coupled with the fast pace of technology and market developments the explosion of data and cyber as a mainstay focus of all sectors and work types has grown exponentially.
- The team now plays a key role within the wider business given the criticality of data in every sector and the need for proper measures to be taken where personal data is involved and to prevent and deal with cyber incidents. But it is not just these traditional" work streams which are driving the need for expert support.
- In addition, the firm are looking to support our clients more widely in relation to the broader use of their data and how to develop data strategies to enable clients to harness the benefits of their data through analytics, AI, data sharing and revenue generation.
Practice Development Lawyer:
- The firm are looking for a PDL who is keen to play an integral part of the team supporting lawyers and clients through best practice in knowhow, tracking and disseminating developments, high quality training and engagement with clients and industry events.
- Additionally, the firm are looking for support to help them constantly improve the way they deliver services including prioritising the increased use of technology and (where relevant) precedents to maximise consistency and ease of delivery, leveraging significant firm-wide investment in ground-breaking innovation in the delivery of legal services in ways relevant to the Information Law group.
- The PDL will be supported by other members of the knowledge and training team.
- Previous experience working as a lawyer in a law firm in the Information Law sector.
- You will ideally have experience in a client facing role and also hav experience oof using technical/IT resources for the delivery of client legal services and/or training and knowhow.
- Enthusiasm and an interest in the future of legal services and importantly genuine interest in information and data law;
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to work effectively at all levels with clients, lawyers and support services..
On offer is a highly competitive top-tier salary and benefits package. The firm also offers excellent training, development and career progression prospects.
If you wish to Apply for this position please click on the Apply Button below or if you wish to contact us to discuss this role in confidence, please Contact David Thomson, Director- Our contact details are on our Totallylegal.com Profile Page or on the Thomson Legal Website.
Apply for Practice Development Lawyer- TMT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly