Criminal/ Investigations (Lawyer) - 6 month FTC
Vital role working on highly sensitive subject matters, high profile cases often against intense media scrutiny.
Our client are an independent organization who play a pivotal role in the public policing system in England and Wales.
- To provide advice to organisation staff on all areas of the organisation's work including casework, investigations and policy.
- To handle a caseload of matters including litigation cases, inquests, judicial review cases and misconduct hearings.
- To undertake advocacy.
- To participate in the development and review of organisational policy.
- To participate in service wide initiatives and projects.
- To lead on certain allocated legal issues.
- To comply with the Legal Service's policies and procedures.
- To comply with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Must be prepared to travel to attend hearings or other offices if necessary, (Additional travel costs will be paid for by the client).
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the level and remit of the post as may time to time be allocated by the General Counsel or another member of the Legal Services Senior Management Team.
- After 6 months of employment to provide telephone based on-call cover. This is on a rota within the Legal Team and is approximately 2-3 weeks per year. Additional on-call allowances are payable.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister entitled to practice in England and Wales.
- Post qualification experience in at least one relevant areas of law - these include criminal law, police law, coronial law, public and administrative law and human rights law.
- Experience of advising on complex issues.
- Experience of handling substantial and complex cases.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to master new material rapidly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Approachable and constructive.
- A good team worker but also able to work independently.
- Experience of litigation
- Knowledge of FoI and DPA matters
- Knowledge of complaints systems and handling
Salary up to £44,304 per annum - DOE
27 day annual leave per annum
Part-time and full-time applicants will be considered
Ability to work some of the week from home
flexi-hours also available