Whiteknights Reading UK
£52,560 to £59,135 per annum
Hours per week: 1.0 FTE (Consideration will be given to part-time (at least 0.8 FTE) working and flexible arrangements
The University wishes to appoint a Commercial Lawyer to its Legal Services team. The successful candidate will provide legal advice on a wide range of matters across the University, with a focus on commercial law and contract drafting and negotiation.
The Legal Services Department is a dynamic group of eight lawyers, two paralegals and an administrative assistant. It supports the University with a large and diverse range of projects, collaborations and contractual activity in the UK and beyond, providing legal advice and support across the University to enable teaching, research and innovation to flourish. The successful candidate will work with a variety of business units across the university, across a wide range of legal issues. This post would be an excellent development opportunity for a candidate who wishes to expand their experience in-house across multiple practice areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive
- Have at least one years’ PQE
- Demonstrate experience of advising on commercial and contract law, and negotiating agreements
- Have good experience of working within a commercial environment, whether in house or in private practice, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to assess and manage risk
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to summarise legal issues for a lay audience
Interviews to be held 8th July 2021
Closing date: 28th June 2021
Apply for this Commercial Lawyer role based in Reading by clicking the Apply button now.