Commercial Associate or Senior Associate
4-6 PQE | Derby
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Associate or Senior Associate to join the Flint Bishop commercial team in Derby for a full-time, permanent role.
The Commercial team is consistently ranked in The Legal 500 UK and frequently works with managing directors and finance directors in organisations of all types and sizes, from owner-managed businesses to global PLCs.
Many of our commercial contract lawyers have undertaken secondments at multi-national blue-chip companies operating in a range of sectors. This has given the team valuable experience of working with and understanding the requirements of the pressures faced by in-house counsel.
This role would be ideal for a Commercial Associate looking to develop their career with a varied and interesting workload, flexibility, and freedom in a supportive and friendly environment.
The successful candidate will work closely with the head of the department and there will be opportunities to help shape the strategic direction and business development initiatives of the team.
Your duties as Commercial Associate will include:
- Managing a varied caseload of complex matters that will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of business-to-business contracts.
- Drafting standard agreements including terms of sale and contracts of distribution and agency.
- Drafting standard terms for sales to consumers.
- Advising on data protection compliance including desktop audits and time-sensitive matters as they arise.
- Providing transactional support to the corporate team.
- Ensuring personal legal knowledge is kept up to date and new advancements are communicated to the wider team.
- Being involved in the marketing and business development of both the department and the firm.
You will be an Associate or Senior Associate level Solicitor who:
- Ideally, has 4-6 years’ PQE dealing with commercial matters.
- Preferably, has an excellent academic background.
- Possesses exceptional client care skills.
- Has intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Is highly motivated and able to add value to the role.
- Demonstrates proactive management of matters with a minimum of supervision.
- Is a team player and able to get on with others.
- Possesses networking and client development skills.
If you would like to be considered for this Commercial Associate / Senior Associate role with Flint Bishop Solicitors in Derby, please apply today.
Disclosure will be required in the event that a position is offered.