5 days left
- Full Time
Ted’s Guide to what the Legal Counsel does around here…
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: ‘Would Ted do it that way?’
Where does this role fit within Ted's Team?
Ted Baker is currently looking for a Legal Counsel with 1-3 years PQE who has a broad experience in legal practice. The position will be a key role within the Finance department reporting to the General Counsel and will act as an advisor to the global business taking an instrumental role on a number of key business projects. Previous experience working in-house or on secondment with businesses of comparable size is essential.
Ted is looking for a commercially minded and astute legal advisor who has an interest in gaining experience in a number of areas of practice which will be principally comprised of commercial, intellectual property, data protection, corporate and dispute resolution matters.
The successful candidate will:
- Be available to advise all areas of the business around the globe in relation to day-to-day queries arising from usual course of business.
- Provide support to the General Counsel in facilitating legal projects and training to the wider business.
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of legal agreements (including supplier, trademark licence, wholesale, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements) and manage commercial transactions and disputes on behalf of the business with a central focus on achieving a commercially pragmatic outcome
- Manage relationships with key external advisors to procure legal services for the business, review work submitted by external advisors and manage large-scale projects involving numerous stakeholders.
- Devise and implement processes and systems to manage caseload and legal work streams within the business; provide legal support to the Procurement, IT, Customer and Commercial teams; and assist the business with regulatory and compliance considerations arising from product liability, trade and distribution, data protection and corporate governance.
- Support the business in the protection of its IP rights, liaising and co-ordinating enforcement bodies for both online and on-the-ground actions to meet company IP KPI and enforcing IP rights as appropriate.
Tools of the Trade…
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with 1-3 years PQE
- Previous experience working as an in-house advisor or on secondment with a business of comparable size
- Strong academic record and evidence of a sustained commitment to improvement of skills
- High attention to detail and quality of work
- High energy and ability to think creatively when solving problems
- Ability to work under tight timelines and quick turnaround
- Understanding of Ted's culture and company history
- An enthusiastic, ambitious and driven personality
- A self-starter who can use initiative to anticipate needs of the business
- Strong analytical focus
- Passion for providing a high-quality service to internal clients
- Able to work collaboratively
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to work under instruction
- Ability to work under pressured circumstances and make sound judgement calls
- A commercial and pragmatic advisor
- Authentic: We have the freedom to be our ‘best self’, being true to ourselves and others
- Kind: We try to do the right thing: for each other, our communities, our planet and for Ted
- Curious: We are hungry to explore, innovate and think differently
- Courageous: We have the confidence to be brave, have fun and discover the unexpected
- Inclusive: We embrace and respect individuality and celebrate difference & diversity
Ted Baker is committed to equal opportunities and embraces diversity, understanding the needs and benefits of a balanced, inclusive workforce. We do not tolerate any harassment or discrimination towards any of our candidates or employees. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.