Senior Legal Counsel
JOB TITLE: Senior Legal Counsel
SALARY: to £90K, car allowance, bonus
THE ROLE: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial lawyer to join a highly regarded in-house legal team. The legal team sits at the heart of the business and works in close, trusted partnership with a number of key business decision-makers playing a pivotal and highly visible role in empowering and supporting the business to deliver success.
Reporting to the Head of Legal and managing a team of 2 qualified lawyers and a paralegal. The successful Senior Legal Counsel will be a passionate, engaging, delivery-focussed commercial lawyer who can drive innovation and play a key role in delivering and executing the ongoing digital transformation strategy and wider commercial objectives.
• Be the legal business partner for tech-focussed functions across Digital, Ecommerce, Data, Performance Marketing, Logistics and Core IT around the world. The role will be pivotal in supporting the company’s focus on embracing digital commerce and technology.
• Advise on the negotiation and commercial implementation of a varied range of tech, SaaS and outsourcing contracts including complex, high profile and business critical deals.
• Support, manage and help develop the wider commercial legal team which covers every aspect of the company’s global operations from sourcing, compliance, supply and sustainability to marketing, real estate, wholesale, licensing and franchise.
• Proactively drive continuous improvement in the wider legal team including the use of technology and other solutions to drive process improvements and manage risk.
• Be responsible for managing a small, capable team while also playing a vital role in the leadership, direction and ethos of the team.
• Manage a budget and, where required, the effective instruction of external counsel and other service providers.
THE CANDIDATE: Applications are invited from qualified solicitors with at least 5 years of post-qualification experience although all exceptional candidates will be considered. Candidates should be;
• Passionate about tech with an understanding of how technology and data can drive and support commerce and transformational change.
• Technically capable with deep knowledge of the laws, regulations and processes which govern the key operative aspects of retail and consumer-led businesses.
• Experienced in working in a relevant in-house environment whether through secondment or through a previous in-house role.
• A proven leader of people, with the ability to motivate, drive, guide, develop and shape a team.
• A strong communicator able to present confidently to senior level decision makers.
• Passionate, driven, high energy, resilient, and have an approach that embraces change, and an unflappable nature that helps you stay calm and functioning in challenging time