Legal Counsel - IP, Data Privacy and Commercial - 9Month FTC
Our client, a well-respected International full service law firm are looking for a Intellectual Property, Data Privacy & Commercial Contracts Lawyer to join their Legal team on a 9 month fixed term contract.
This role will be managing the Data Protection Legal Team on a daily tasks to cover a 9 month leave of the Senior Associate. The successful candidate will be advising and managing the Data Protection and IP team which includes:
- Overseeing the work of a small legal team
- Revising privacy policies, data ethics assessments, privacy impact assessments
- Advising on trademark matters such as UK/EU clearings and disputes
- Advising on copyright laws as well as other duties
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts
Because this is the highest position in the DP team with no partner level above so the successful candidate will have to be comfortable will be making decisions for the firm daily.
The successful candidate will also be required to collaborate with Partners in the US to deliver commercial and practical advice.
- Qualified lawyer (6-12 years PQE) with proven experience handling IP, data protection, commercial contracts and privacy matters.
- Strong knowledge of data protection laws (GDPR, UK DPA, PECR),
- Expertise in trademark laws.
- A demonstrated ability to work on complex legal issues and to function in a high volume / fast-paced environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities, managing a varied and changing caseload.
- Experience managing a small team
- Previous experience in a decision maker position
- CIPP/E or other data privacy qualifications (not essential)