Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Competitive Salary + Benefits
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity for a brilliant and friendly employment lawyer to be part of a multi-award winning and rapidly growing law firm. You’ll need the right mix of confidence, vision, experience, skills and drive to help build the business within the exciting and dynamic environment at Law 365.
We Are Not Your Average Law Firm
We knew that the traditional old school law firm model was broken, we hated the focus on billing and time recording, overly competitive cultures, demanding work hours and not being a true legal partner to the businesses we serve.
So, we created a model that was a win:win for both the clients and the staff – we use a subscription based model (like Hello Fresh or Netflix) and use the latest technology to better work with our clients.
The result is a hybrid in-house and private practice model where we act as their in-house team for our clients. The subscription basis means that clients can enjoy our services without worrying escalating costs as they pay an affordable subscription that is the same every month. The knock-on effect? We do not have any billable targets and absolutely no time recording targets! This means we can concentrate on being the best lawyer for our clients without worrying about billable hours.
The Employment Team
The Employment Team enjoys challenging and varied work advising on a wide-range of employment law and HR issues that our Microsoft Partner clients encounter. We support and advise the businesses on any employment law quandary they face – whether it is an employee relations challenge, a tricky exit of an employee, drafting a comprehensive director’s service agreement or a multi-phased re-organisation. We also regularly support the employment aspects of the commercial contracts the businesses enter which often requires TUPE and IR35 expertise and keen drafting skills. The Microsoft Partner market is a great niche that is rapidlygrowing with over 30,000 partners in the UK alone.
The team at Law 365 really understands the language and needs of Microsoft Partners and maximises this to provide an excellent service to clients. The team supports them and advises them through each challenge to get the best out of their relationships whether with employees or customers.
Our clients are loyal to us because they love the prompt delivery of pragmatic, adaptable and solutions-based legal advice that all members of the Law 365 team provide, across all levels.
Our Office & Culture
Our office is located in Tunbridge Wells, Kent which is a stone’s throw away from Tunbridge Wells train station and has direct lines into Charring Cross, London Bridge and Waterloo. We operate flexi working where the core hours are 10am-4pm, with 2 office-based days and the rest is up to you!
We’ve worked hard to create a culture of professional excellence combined with a welcoming, fun and diverse outlook. Our first class team of lawyers work hard, but the Law 365 culture means we have fun at the same time.
We offer a host of phenomenal well-being activities. Our incredible in-house coach has devised some absolutely amazing wellbeing initiatives, we are after all ‘a Great Place to Work’ and fully certified! We also get that life is tough and we have signed up to the Mindful Business Charter indicating what our four pillars are for mental health (links below).
What You'll Do
- Excel in employment law whilst developing expert knowledge in tech companies, focusing on the Microsoft Partner market and service offerings.
- Build strong relationships with our clients, and help them grow with less risk.
- You will have access to all the Law 365 team, including the marvellous marketing team, our amazing paralegal and a group of smart, pro-active lawyers, to help support you.
- The Employment Team is growing but that doesn’t stop you being part of a larger team that is supportive at all levels and, in turn, support the business in a collaborative way. There is no competition within the team at Law 365, we are all one team and when one person is busy, they can ask the wider team for help.
- Get stuck in! Drafting, advising and blogging or vlogging!
- You will liaise with client contacts and advise them directly. Our clients value our advice and appreciate our expertise and approach – they are down to earth and responsive, and it’s great to be part of their team.
- Develop your career. We work collaboratively but encourage professional independence, too. There are opportunities to progress and to develop your own client base, if that’s what you choose. Law 365’s senior management will work with you to understand what you want to achieve from your legal career, and how best to achieve it.
- Be proactive and adept at engaging across functions and supporting other areas where necessary, and communicating with and managing relationships.
- Identify and analyse current and emerging legal issues and risk and effectively communicate these to the appropriate levels of the business and clients; be involved in risk mitigation discussions.
- Get involved with Marketing and Business Development! Why not! You’ll love some of the articles our team have written- check them out on the links below.
- Work with the Employment Team and the Business to identify, develop and implement forms and processes to improve the efficiency of handling internal and external legal matters. For example we are starting to use Loom to help explain clauses, updates and revisions to our clients.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-5 years PQE ideally (but you might be an NQ or have 10 years+ experience and feel this is the perfect role for you, don’t hold back, we would love to meet you!)
- A passion for working in Employment
- Proven ability to develop excellent partnerships with executive-level leaders as well as being adept at quickly establishing a high degree of credibility, respect, and trust at all levels.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to think quickly and practically, and to be able to multitask, prioritize assignments, cope well with competing deadlines, and deliver high-quality client service.
- Work independently and manage your own work-load.
- A high performer who thrives in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong team player with excellent organisational and communication skills; a desire to learn; and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, be solutions-based, take responsibility and ownership of issues, including taking difficult decisions and providing substantiated arguments and reasoning for your position.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex legal issues ensuring a commercially-aware, business-friendly approach is taken , and also combining this with in any creative and cost-effective steps to get the ultimate result .
- Qualified solicitor, with experience at a good law firm or in-house team.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 days annual holiday.
- No billable or time recording targets.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private medical insurance (Vitality).
- Full home office set-up provided (laptop, monitor, chair, keyboard, mouse).
- Full access to 1:1 and team coaching with our in-house Executive Performance Coach.
- In-house and external training programmes.
- A suite of wellbeing initiatives and activities (personal trainer, yoga, nutrition workshops, meditation, gong baths).
- Central (and dog-friendly) office located within walking distance of Tunbridge Wells train station.
Joining Law 365 would mean joining a multi-award winning law firm
- “Innovator of the Year 2021” SME News Legal Awards
- “Best Technology-Focused Legal Services Provider 2021 – UK ” Corporate Excellence Awards
- “CEO and Founder of the Year 2021 - Kim Simmonds” Global 100
- “Specialist Legal Service of the Year - 2021/22” London Prestige Awards
- “10 Most Empowering Women in Business - 2021” Insights Success Magazine
- “UK – Gamechanger of the Year 2021, Kim Simmonds, Law 365” ACQ Global Awards
- “Best IT Law Firm of the Year 2021 – South East England” – Legal 100, Lawyer International
- “Top 10 Entrepreneurs To Watch Out For In 2020” Industry Tech Outlook
- “Best IT Law Firm 2020 - South East England” SME Legal Awards
- “Best IT Law Firm of the Year - South East England” Global 100
- “Most Influential Woman in Technology Law 2020 – Kent” Global Excellence Awards
- “50 Innovative Companies to Watch 2020” Silicon Review magazine
- “Entrepreneur of the Year (Finalist)” Women in Law Awards - Incisive Media
- “UK – Gamechanger of the Year 2020, Kim Simmonds, Law 365” ACQ Global Award