Lead Contracts Manager - Energy / Smart Metering (Regulator)
Lead Contract Manager will lead on development and management of the key contracts the organisation has with energy suppliers. As part of the Commercial Team you will have a key role in the day-to-day Energy Supplier engagement in the delivery of the organisation's services relating to smart metering.
Our Client is a not-for-profit company jointly owned by energy suppliers in the UK which was established for the sole purpose of finding industry-wide solution for issues facing the smart metering transition.
Reporting to a Commercial Director the Lead Contracts Manager's key accountabilities will be:
- to develop, build and maintain energy supplier relationships and supporting the management of these contractual and commercial relationships.
- to develop and execute effective contract management processes (and associated roles and responsibilities) for agreed services contracts
- to manage senior vendor relationships, meeting regularly with the organisation's business team, Technology and Projects teams and also the vendor to govern the contract, reviewing and resolving any performance issues in order to mitigate the organisation's risk exposure;
- to be accountable for drafting and maintaining a set of relevant and accurate contractual documentation;
- to works with and facilitate contribution from a multi-stakeholder environment; and
- to actively encourages collaborative and collegiate behaviours.
ProfileThe successful candidate will be expected to utilise their prior experience to hit the ground running to support the key business ahead of smart metering rollout plans in 2022.They will have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Significant and relevant experience of working in a Contract Management position within the Energy, Telecommunications, Pharmaceutical or other regulated sector.
- Regulatory experience will be looked upon favourably.
- Prior exposure, knowledge etc of supply chain organisations and processes
- Demonstrable skills in the design, development and delivery of operational and ad-hoc reports.
- UK B2B/B2C Energy Suppliers
- Regulators or public sector
- Organisations involved in the Smart Energy ecosystem (bodies and companies involved in the roll out)
- Large facilities management businesses.
Fo further information on how to get involved with this organisation at the heart of the smart metering revolution, please apply for this role or, alternatively contact the exclusively instructed agent, David Taylor of Michael Page Legal.