Legal Counsel EMEA
1 day left
- Full Time
Legal Counsel EMEA
Inspired to grow with your experience, learn and share with new colleagues?
Huhtamaki is a key global provider of sustainable packaging solutions for consumers around the world, enabling wellbeing and convenience. Our innovative products protect on-the-go and on-the-shelf food and beverages, ensuring hygiene and safety, and help prevent food waste.
We are committed to protecting food, people and the planet and are on the lookout for passionate and consummate professionals to join our growing team to help us deliver on our ambitious 2030 Strategy. We look for colleagues who Care, Dare and Deliver.
We are now looking for a
Legal Counsel, EMEA based in the Manchester area to join the Corporate Affairs & Legal organization.
As part of a team of Legal Counsels, the Legal Counsel EMEA will be responsible and accountable for commercial legal and contract law, corporate law and compliance support for Huhtamaki businesses and units in the UK and Ireland as well as other selected countries in the EMEA region. The responsibilities include also global legal support in connection with contracts governed by English law.
We offer this Legal Counsel position in an international environment and a successful globally operating business.
Main responsibilities of the Legal Counsel include
- Commercial legal and contract law support for Huhtamaki businesses and units in the UK and Ireland as well as other selected countries in EMEA region (e.g. Benelux countries and Spain)
- Legal support for all Huhtamaki businesses and units with contracts governed by English law
- Corporate law and governance support in the region
- Regulatory and governmental support in the region
- Ethics & compliance support in the region (incl. initiatives driven by Global Ethics & Compliance, whistle-blowing investigations, trade compliance, privacy and regulatory compliance as well as anti-bribery and corruption prevention)
- General legal and regulatory risk management in the region
- Local legal support for corporate restructurings, legal and compliance due diligence, post-closing M&A integration and other ad hoc legal, regulatory and compliance tasks
- Dispute resolution and litigations in the region
- Employment and labor law advice in the region
- Prepare and provide trainings on Code of Conduct and other compliance areas, contract review and privacy laws
- Legal vendor management in the region
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate for this Legal Counsel
- English law qualified lawyer with minimum 5 years PQE
- Previous experience within an international context either as an in-house legal counsel in a globally operating multinational company, internationally operating UK/Irish company, or in a large law firm. Work history in manufacturing, FMCG or retail is a benefit.
- Experience in commercial legal support in the UK and other European countries
- Proven track record in commercial legal and contract law support for a fast-moving and complex business environment
- High integrity
- Capacity and capability to work both independently and as part of business and legal teams
- Pragmatic, flexible and a good communicator
- Fluency in English. Other language skills are a benefit
- Willingness and ability to travel as required
Join us to shape the future together!
Apply for Legal Counsel EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly