6 days left
- Full Time
Reimagine your legal career
Axiom is the global leader in high-caliber, on-demand legal talent. With over 2,400 employees spanning North America, the UK, Europe, and APAC, we enable corporate legal departments to drive efficiency and growth to adapt to a demanding new era.
Axiom empowers you to take control of how you work while contributing your expertise to the world's best companies.
Currently, we're hiring a Privacy Lawyer to join us, with:
- Good academic credentials and post-qualification experience (3-10PQE).
- In-house legal experience is preferred (directly, or as a secondee) but is not essential.
- Strong commercial understanding, and excellent interpersonal skills.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
- Providing in-house legal advice on privacy, data-sharing, transfer of data outside of the EU as well advising on the implications of client’s new product offering.
- Engaging in the drafting, negotiating and reviewing of any commercial agreement containing information law clauses.
- Drafting and advising on complex data protection-related documentation such as data processing agreements and data transfer agreements, representative agreements and privacy impact assessments, including future-proofing for GDPR and Brexit.
- Providing guidance and support on various new compliance reporting/data tracking requirements and revisions to internal codes of conduct.
- Familiarity with relevant UK and EU Privacy laws (Data Protection Directive, Directive 95/46/EC, Data protection Act 1998, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000).
Axiom is a leader in diversity, inclusion, and social engagement. Diversity is core to our values and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, offering access to a variety of professional development programs and continuing legal education opportunities.
Since 2000, we’ve reached legal professionals globally and been committed to reimagining legal work. We seek to live up to the New York Times’ prediction that, “A more sweeping transformation may be on the horizon. And it may look a lot like Axiom”.
Our company is ranked #1 in business of law, innovation in corporate strategy, and innovation in law firm efficiency by the Financial Times.
We understand that many legal professionals have chosen to adopt the consultancy model, and we are happy to discuss this option with you. We offer both consultants and employees the opportunity to work with our enviable client roster.
Contact us in complete confidence to find out more about opportunities to work with Axiom as an employee or consultant.
Axiom is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.