Contentious Construction Solicitor
A unique position has been created for a Contentious Construction Solicitor at a niche construction firm, dealing with international arbitration.
This firm is well established and has built up a strong reputation as being market leaders in their field.
They are a leading national practice with a diverse international client base, who successfully complete with larger international firms. The firm has punched well above its weight in recent years, showing no signs of slowing down. They can provide a high profile and exciting client base meanwhile maintaining their identity as an approachable, friendly yet professional firm.
This leading construction firm is seeking a Contentious Construction Senior Associate to join their flourishing team in South West London.
You will be responsible for adopting the firm's ethos and working alongside the Partners and Solicitors to build the department further, ensuring future success for the existing team and the firm as a whole.
The focus of this role will be to assist with a wide range of construction disputes, acting for commercial, institutional and private clients, many with an international presence.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of industry-specific and general commercial contracts between the different parties involved in a project.
- Acting for a variety of clients, including builders, property developers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, landowners and more.
- Working closely with legal professionals of other disciplines, including finance, property and regulatory, to ensure due diligence is carried out, funding is secured etc.
- Liaising and negotiating with civil authorities to obtain planning permission and building approvals.
- Guiding clients through various forms of dispute resolution, up to and including litigation, when contracts are breached, payments are not made, injuries sustained, and other issues arise around the project. Advising on health and safety, insurance, liability and environmental matters relating to each project.
The team act for employers (Corporates and High net worth individuals), Construction professionals, Contractors and sub-contractors and the successful candidate can look forward to a broad range of quality work across various sectors.
This rapidly expanding firm wants to hear from ambitious Solicitors looking to progress their career - opportunities for Partnership later down the line will be readily available for the right candidates.
- You will be an experienced Contentious Construction Solicitor 3-5 years PQE
- You should have first-class communication and interpersonal skills
- A transferable client base or contacts is highly advantageous
- Salary is above market rate and negotiable, depending on your level of experience
- Excellent benefits package
- This is a stand-out opportunity for a Contentious Construction Solicitor to join this leading international construction firm.