General Commercial Lawyer- 12 months Mat Cover
6 days left
- Full Time
My client is looking for a Legal Counsel to join their Legal team for 12 months, reporting directly into the Director of Legal and Compliance. This is a rare opportunity for a mid-level qualified solicitor to provide commercial and strategic legal advice to all levels of an entrepreneurial and fast-growing business.
My client is the 3rd biggest master trust in the UK serving over 1 million employees.
- Taking a leading role in providing data protection advice to the business
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with clients and suppliers, including IT, marketing, consultancy and outsourcing contracts
- Advising the business about its contractual rights and obligations
- Managing and protecting the company's IP catalogue
- Responding to complex queries from the business, suppliers and customers
- Reviewing and approving advertisements, press-releases and other promotional materials
- Working closely with the Director of Legal and Compliance to provide timely and first-class legal support
- Assisting with litigious matters
- Assisting with company secretarial and governance duties
- Helping to manage the use and cost of external legal counsel
- Excellent communication, presentation and inter-personal skills
- Effective team-player
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Honesty and integrity
- Flexible approach, ability and enthusiasm to take on new tasks
- High degree of commercial awareness and business acumen
- You will ideally be 3 - 6 years PQE*.
- Prior knowledge and experience of pensions law/issues is not a requirement as this is a predominantly commercial role, although an aptitude and enthusiasm to learn and gain experience is
- You will be able to work autonomously and have excellent attention to detail to take on a varied workload.
*The PQE indicated in this advertisement is intended as a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 25 days Annual Leave, increasing to 30 days after two years employment (plus the eight Bank Holidays in England and Wales)
- Contributory Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Travel Ticket Loans