Solicitor (Housing Management)
£33,000 to £36,400
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Housing Management Solicitor to join Centrepoint, the leading youth homeless charity in the UK and a registered provider of social housing.
Based in London and reporting to Centrepoint’s Head of Legal, this is a great opportunity to join a friendly, small and skilled legal team as a Solicitor. You will be responsible for a varied litigation caseload including (but not limited to) anti-social behaviour, residential possession claims, injunctions, housing disrepair and fraud. You will collaborate closely with colleagues within the team and across the organisation, lead on some challenging cases within a highly supportive environment.
We are looking for an individual who has a personal passion for supporting young people, tackling the cause of homelessness and/or access to justice. There will also be an opportunity to be part of a project that delivers pro-bono advice to homeless young people. You will have considerable exposure to other parts of the organisation and be an important part of the highly fulfilling work we do for young homeless and vulnerable people across the country every single day. We will support you to progress and develop your own career.
We expect the successful Solicitor candidate will be:
- Someone who finds it easy to build positive relationships with colleagues
- Passionate about the cause of preventing youth homelessness
- At least 3 years PQE
- Experienced in dealing with landlord and tenant matters, licences and ASTs, Income management and leasehold matters. Any experience in working in the homelessness or housing sectors is an advantage, but not a necessity for this role.
- Able to deliver excellent support to colleagues whilst handling an established caseload
- Able to share that knowledge and empower others around them.
- Someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills
We encourage all good candidates to apply, no matter their background.