Senior Legal Adviser - World famous research institute
7 days left
- Full Time
World famous data and artificial intelligence research institute. General commercial work including Collaboration agreements, Funding/Grants & Research Contracts in the artificial intelligence and data science spheres.
Our client is a world famous research institute carrying out work in artificial intelligence and data science.
The successful candidate will undertake legal review of a full range of contracts, licences and ad hoc agreements in this role. You will draft, review, and amend mid-range to complex UK and international contracts with a variety of
partners (from private and public sector, higher education organisations, and the third sector), including but not
- commercial contracts,
- research and collaboration agreements,
- grant agreements and bid agreements
- sponsorship and service agreements;
- terms and conditions for purchasing goods and services,
- data sharing agreements; and
- software and publisher licences and ad hoc agreements.
More generally you will assist with the design and implementation of appropriate procedures and processes to support the efficient functioning of the legal team and the wider organisation.
The successful candidate is likely to be a UK or Common Law qualified lawyer.
They are likely to have at least 5 years PQE* and demonstrable experience of advising on, negotiating and drafting general commercial contracts.
It would be favourable for the candidate to have an understanding of, and ability to develop knowledge in, other associated areas of legal and regulation relating to the organsiation, such as export regulations, state aid and its development, data protection, IP and open sourcing and how it translates into application to the Institute and its contracts, risk management and processes.
* please note that applications at all levels will be considered but this lower limit has been suggested as a guide for candidates as the role requires a certain level of autonomy and gravitas.
For more information about the package on offer for this position, please apply to this advert.