Solicitor - PCD Law Solicitors
£45,000 - £55,000 Per annum
PCD Solicitors specialise in defending allegations of a sexual nature, including rape, sexual assault and historic sexual offences - all of which can result in an immediate custodial sentence. We work closely with some of the country’s leading defence barristers with a proven track record.
Requirements for this Solicitor role:
- 2 years’ experience working in general crime
- Experience representing clients at both Magistrates’ and Crown Court
- Experience representing clients at the Police Station.
- Knowledge of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act and applying that to police investigations
- Experience in making applications to the police and to the court
- Experience in preparing cases for sentence and trial both Magistrates and Crown court (mainly Crown)
- Knowledge and ability to use the Crown Court Digital Case System, uploading documents and reviewing evidence on this platform
- Experience in taking proof of evidence and briefing counsel Taking witness statements
- Experience in dealing with serious sexual offences
- Experience with reviewing forensic reports and instructing defence experts where necessary
- Confident on the telephone in taking new enquiries and able to advise on the law and sentencing applicable to all sexual offences
- Understanding of the Sex Offenders Register and relevant Sexual Harm Prevention Orders, when they apply and how.
Benefits offered for this Solicitor role:
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Pay
- Performance Bonuses
- Competitive Pay
- Company Incentives
Apply for Solicitor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly