Banking & Finance Solicitor (1 YR PQE+)
Your new company
Our client is a highly successful and leading international law firm with offices in Belfast City Centre. They're recruiting a Senior Solicitor to join their Finance Team to cover a broad and varied spectrum of banking and finance work, including Real Estate Finance, Trade Finance, Aviation Finance, Renewables, Oil & Gas, Acquisition Finance, Securitisations and Derivatives.
Your new role
As a Senior Solicitor you will supervise the work of Solicitors, Trainees, Senior Legal Analysts and Legal Analysts on a day-to-day basis.
You will also play a proactive role supporting the senior team with strategic management and delivery of matters, as well as the development of the junior team.
You will be expected to be able to take the lead on certain matters and certain projects, escalating to the senior team/ Finance Head of Practice who will support as necessary.
Your Key responsibilities
- Scoping and setting-up new matters and conducting fee earning work directly, as well as supervising and training teams.
- Liaising with clients and teams in London or elsewhere in the firm as required on fee-earning or other projects.
- Supporting with pricing at the outset of a matter and then assists in managing costs and, if required, billing throughout.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law, providing technical excellence in relation to the relevant specialist areas of the Finance practice.
- Working with legal technology tools appropriate to the relevant matter (e. artificial intelligence tools for DD) and keeping up to date with technological advances.
- Assisting with preparing pitch documents and likely to attend client presentations and assist more generally with business development.
- Line management responsibility for Solicitors, Trainees, Senior Legal Analysts and Legal Analysts, as directed by the Head of Finance.
The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post-holder. The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility or grade.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be a Qualified solicitor in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will be considered. (If not qualified in England and Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required).
- Minimum of 1 YR PQE+, the majority of which should be within Banking and Finance, unless exceptional circumstances exist. If you do not meet the 3 years PQE requirement, but feel that exceptional circumstances are applicable to you, then you will be required to submit a supporting statement outlining why you are an exceptional candidate (including relevant skills and experience) - i. you have spent a significant amount of time undertaking Banking and Finance work, during or prior to your training contract/qualification.
- Proven experience of supervising and supporting a legal team.
- Transactional experience on finance deals (based on LMA finance documentation).
- Finance regulatory experience (e. regulatory-change implementation projects).
- Outsourcing and managed legal services experience (e. NDAs management and negotiation).
What you'll get in return
An competitive salary and package are on offer for you here.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Banking & Finance Solicitor (1 YR PQE+)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly