Group Legal Counsel
Group Legal Counsel - 3-5 PQE - Remote UK/East Coast US
We are recruiting a Group Legal Counsel to support our client’s portfolio companies on a broad range of international commercial, corporate and project initiatives.
About our client
Through advocacy, thought leadership, academic partnerships and technology platforms, our client invests in and builds strategic and cutting edge organizations that sit at the intersection of technology, creativity and human science. Our client’s presence spans across 4 continents, 100 countries and serves over 700 clients worldwide.
- Report to the Group General Counsel and assist in a broad range of international matters.
- Be a point of legal contact for internal global stakeholders including Sales, HR, Operations, Finance and Technology.
- Support the international sales teams in the negotiation of:
- Master Subscription Agreements and Orders (for SaaS services);
- NDAs and trial agreements;
- Services agreements and associated SoWs;
- Partner Agreements; and
- Contractual amendments.
- Drafting Corporate documents (board minutes, resolutions) and assisting with company secretarial activities.
- Assist on corporate projects and M&A activity. Company Secretarial and corporate support experience are highly desirable.
- Assist on HR matters including employment contracts, research into employment laws and establishing new operations and company structures in new jurisdictions.
- Advise the businesses on data protection compliance, namely:
- Implementing a culture of privacy by design;
- Assisting departmental compliance with GDPR, CCPA and other applicable privacy laws;
- Structuring systems and processes for data protection law and PECR compliance including Marketing activities; and
- Training internal stakeholders and formulating data protection policies.
- Assist the businesses in their IPR strategy and registration of trademarks and patents across the globe.
- Review and advise on procurement contracts, particularly IT related services.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- A qualified solicitor with 3 - 5 years’ PQE.
- US experience is desirable.
- In-house experience.
- Experience of negotiating SaaS contracts (sell-side & buy-side).
- Data Protection knowledge (GDPR, CCPA and PECR).
- Corporate experience is beneficial.
- Broad commercial agreement exposure - drafting complex technology sales and procurement agreements (software, services, SaaS, hosting agreements).
- Privacy certification (CIPP/E) desirable.
- International deal negotiation experience.
- Adept at dealing with a broad range of internal stakeholders across multiple geographies and time zones.
- Ability to think commercially and pragmatically.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
What you will receive:
We will provide you with a supportive culture, the tools, and supervision to progress your career in a high growth business. You will receive supervision and training in the development of your legal career from our Group General Counsel who operates an open-door policy and rewards success with autonomy and responsibility. You will have the option of working remotely as well as in our London office (located in Spitalfields). You will also receive a competitive salary and bonus as well as company benefits. We are also committed to employee development, which will be agreed and implemented through consultation with the Group General Counsel.
We are on an ambitious global journey, no two days are ever the same and we’re therefore looking for people who can adapt quickly to this ever evolving environment. In return, our multinational; best-in-class team will support your desire to grow as an individual and challenge you in new roles. We are proud of the team and believe that our diversity has made us more successful. We are therefore keen to recruit candidates from all backgrounds. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type.
Apply for Group Legal Counsel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly