Our client is currently seeking a Legal Counsel to join our Commercial and Legal team based at our UK&I headquarters in Marlow and offering appropriate flexibility.
Our client is the leader in analytics. Through innovative analytics, business intelligence and data management software and services. They help customers at more than 75,000 sites make better decisions faster.
You will be responsible for preparing, drafting, negotiating and reviewing standard and non-standard software licenses and other commercial agreements to support our client's Enterprise business unit.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on non-standard and standard Software Licences, Professional Service Agreements, Sub-Contractor Agreements, Alliance/Reseller and Teaming Agreements, Hosting Agreements, Demonstration Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Negotiate with internal and external customers on the content of Agreements and incorporate changes as permitted by general guidelines
- Participate in responses to tenders and other customer requests for information
- Support the wider team with specialist areas such as competition, data privacy, anti-corruption, and other applicable regulations research, negotiate and draft documents for the designated specialist area.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures and strategic initiatives
- Educating internal clients regarding policies and practice, legal issues and contracts on an ongoing basis
As the successful candidate you will be a qualified lawyer (PQE 2-5 years), with a 2:1 degree or above, and have worked within the IT industry. You will be experienced in negotiating general commercial agreements and will have a good understanding of IPR laws, and be comfortable applying commercial judgement. You will have the ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and easy to understand manner, an excellent drafting ability and attention to detail, and be a strong team player.
Our client can offer you an attractive package and career opportunities, working for one of the best places to work globally (Great Places To Work & UK Top Employer), in a company which can offer you growth and development.
This role will be based in Marlow with remote working and with occasional ad-hoc travel to support business demands.