Kennedys is looking for a Senior Associate to join our team based in either our Edinburgh or Glasgow office. The team is headed up by Partners Rory Jackson and Peter Demick, both recently named as recommend Lawyers for defendant personal injury in Scotland in the Legal 500 2022 results.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly regarded firm and be part of our growth. Our team in Scotland has expanded significantly since Rory joined Kennedys in 2015 and Peter in 2017, we are now over 25 strong with further growth planned.
We are interested in speaking to candidates with broad Liability experience and experience within catastrophic injury, large loss and criminal defence would be beneficial, but not essential. If you are interest in working in a supportive environment with ambitious colleagues we would love to hear from you.
Kennedys Scotland provides a comprehensive service to insurers, ranging from friendly, off the record advice to comprehensive legal advice on the most complex of claims.
Instructed by a mix of insurer and corporate clients, the team receive a steady flow of claims related to employer, public and occupier liability, motor, catastrophic injury, healthcare, fraud, abuse, product liability and occupational disease.
The practice is led by the extremely professional, approachable and knowledgeable Rory Jackson, who is a Recommended Lawyer in the publication of the Legal 500 UK 2022.
- Self-insured large corporates
- All aspects of motor and EL/PL claims up to and assisting on complex and high value personal injury.
- Both pre-litigation and litigated files. Promoting early resolution of claims without recourse to litigation.
- 5+ years' experience as a Scottish Qualified Solicitor, ideally with experience in a defendant personal injury law firm*
- Strong Academics (2.1 or higher degree) or equivalent.
- Experience of Sheriff Court EL/PL and motor claims including larger losses
- Experience of assisting on large cases in a team environment
- Previous client contact and attendance at business development events is ideal
- Experience in Court of Session practice.
- Matching pension scheme
- Fitness and wellness benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Corporate GP
- Life insurance and Income protection
- 35 hour working week
- Excellent resources via our online Learning Management System
As soon as you join Kennedys you’ll be given opportunity to build your own personal client relationships, and we encourage you to do so. We value the relationships we build with our clients and we know that they appreciate our warm, friendly, human approach. We place emphasis on offering a transparent career path. Our partner and senior associate promotion process and criteria are clearly communicated throughout the firm. We are proud that many of our partners, including our Senior Partner, began their life in law as trainees with us.