Legal Counsel – FTC
Household name group and globally recognised brand at the forefront of technological development seeks a Legal Counsel to work as part of the global operations team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of a large UK and wider global legal team. You will work in an autonomous role and handle the quality of work expected of a market leading business.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Identify and manage risk across supply chain and manufacturing, maintaining relationships with suppliers and negotiating contracts across R&D, IT, marketing, manufacturing and supply.
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on complex contracts, spanning global operations
- These can include agreements with suppliers and customers; high value contracts for master service, software licenses and statement of works
- Support tender processes, particularly IT and capital equipment
- Advise on product safety matters
- Manage contract disputes
- Support major improvement and transformational projects
- Provide input into contract review processes
- Manage external legal counsel
- Provide supervision and support to more junior lawyers
- Deliver internal training
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with ideally at least 5 years PQE*
- Solid background in contract law coupled with strong drafting and negotiation skills
- In-house experience/secondment preferred
- Capable of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Proficient at working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interact with the business at all levels and to assist with key business decisions
- Practical, commercially astute lawyer
Package on Offer
- Attractive base salary
- Competitive pension scheme
- Health & dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Heavily discounted leasing of electric vehicle
- Enhanced annual leave
- Product discounts
- Free gym, parking, restaurant
- On site GP, hair salon, lifestylist
- Free bus service from major cities
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.
Apply for Legal Counsel – FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly