Senior Legal Counsel Technology, Commercial, Outsourcing & Data Privacy -Financial Services
Senior Legal Counsel Technology, Commercial Contracts, Data Privacy
Providing counsel and advice on outsourcing, technology, and other supplier transactions for goods and services across the enterprise and for specific offices in the UK and EMEA.
This position requires in depth knowledge of general contract principles, industry standards relevant for supplier contracts, and applicable laws and regulations across relevant jurisdictions that impact these transactions (including intellectual property, privacy/data protection, cybersecurity, information governance and security, and other regulatory matters).
- Provide advice and counsel on structuring, development and implementation of, contract interpretation, and risk management in, and lead negotiation of, general complex commercial transactions, including technology transactions, cloud computing and software services, website and app development, reseller services, outsourcing services, consulting services, other professional services, data licensing, content licensing, facilities, construction, real estate, and more.
- Responsible for preparing bespoke templates and reviewing, drafting, and negotiating standard and customized supplier contracts, from RFX to termination, including all related documents, for goods and services primarily relating to affiliates/offices located outside the U.S. Understands and ensures adherence to internal policies and procedures, client contractual commitments, and regulatory requirements within contract documents to continuously ensure that contract structure, drafting, negotiation, and execution comply with such policies and commitments. Adeptly and proactively identifies and escalates issues and provides risk-based recommendations and advice within strategic business conversations.
- Analyze and remediate legacy legal documents for conformance with developments in applicable laws and regulations and current internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel on issues arising from existing contracts, including compliance with contract terms, termination or renewal. Drafts termination letters. Advises and assist with negotiations to resolve contract disputes with third parties.
- Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to relevant business units on intellectual property and other relevant issues (including copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of publicity, open source, data licensing compliance).
- Responsible for representing the IPCC team on complex, multi-jurisdictional enterprise change projects, including advising on the legal aspects and assisting in the execution of the projects in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Responsible for training procurement and business team colleagues on use of templates and updates in legal and regulatory matters.
- Assists in the development of policies, processes, and procedures to govern the supplier contract lifecycle, intellectual property protection and compliance, and risk management.
- Qualified Legal Counsel
- In-depth experience and specialized knowledge of the review and negotiation of large scale global or enterprise-wide technology contracts, cloud-based services and migration, emerging technologies and trends (robotic process automation, AI, fintech and regtech), software and data licenses, financial market data licensing, technology implementation and deployment, maintenance and support, offshoring, outsourcing, consulting agreements and other similar business arrangements and contracts.
- Experience and specialized knowledge of applicable market, legal and regulatory environment impacting and informing the range of transactions, including specifically privacy/data protection terms required or customary in supplier contracts involving personal data under the laws/regulations of the EU.
Location: City based with Flex Working