Our client is a highly acquisitive, private equity backed, technology group that is one of the fastest growing companies in the UK. An award winning business offering best in class technology products, our client partners with some of the biggest names in tech and sells its products to both business and consumer users across a range of sectors.
The company leadership are focused on developing and innovating high-quality products, and this passion and drive has seen the group receive a significant level of PE investment to drive organic and acquisitive growth in the UK and overseas. The company is at an exciting stage in its development with clear plans to accelerate international growth via several global acquisitions and partnerships already in the pipeline.
The company culture is extremely entrepreneurial with a highly driven, high calibre leadership team that strongly encourages career development and promotion from within, and promotes a supportive and fun working culture.
Role: Legal Counsel
To support the company's ambitious growth and expansion plans, a newly created Legal Counsel opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Lawyer to join the business. Reporting to the Legal Director, your role will involve:
- Working closely with the business to advise on, draft, review and negotiate a diverse range of commercial agreements (including NDAs, supply agreements, purchasing agreements, distribution agreements, agency agreements, B2C and B2B terms and conditions and data processing agreements);
- Advising the Group on compliance including data protection and consumer regulations and advertising standards regulations;
- Assisting with the integration of newly acquired businesses from a legal and compliance perspective;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the business;
- Assisting with litigation;
- Providing legal training to the wider business;
- Assisting the Legal Director with CoSec and corporate governance.
Our client seeks to hire a commercially minded solicitor with circa 1-3 years' PQE, gained within a commercial private practice or in-house legal department. You should possess strong technical knowledge and experience of commercial contracts, and you will ideally have experience of consumer law and/or data protection, or be willing to upskill in these areas.
What's on offer?
Our client is undergoing an exciting period of expansion and investment, and the ultimate aim is to be a listed business. Getting in early at the beginning of the journey, this role has genuine growth potential and you will be part of the team that will build something special. The Legal Director left a much larger company to be a part of the journey and they feel this Legal Counsel role offers a unique opportunity that only comes around once in a while.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.