Legal Administrative Assistant
Legal Administrative Assistant
Aser is a global investment company with media and sports specialisation. Aser boasts an unrivalled global network and key insights about new investment opportunities, with an outstanding management team that is closely involved in the development of its ventures. Aser is also focused on the rapid growth and international expansion of its portfolio companies, which include the global media platform Eleven Sports and a live-streaming platform, LiveNow. We bring together big ideas with creative thinking to achieve innovation in the worlds of sport and media. _____________________________________________________________ Job purpose We are looking to hire a legal administrative assistant with exceptional administrative and research skills who can work comfortably under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Legal Team, the Legal Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the group’s legal administrative duties, supporting the wider Aser legal team. To ensure success, the candidate should be detail-oriented, exercise sound judgment and must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a keen interest in providing purposeful support to lawyers. Top candidates will be familiar with key legal principles and possess incredible accuracy, strong IT skills and excellent time management. ______________________________________________________
Key responsibilities and duties including (but not limited to):
• Contract Management: o overseeing contract approval process, o managing signatures, o maintaining legal files (both physical and digital) o recording & communicating obligation deadlines.
• Managing office correspondence.
• Drafting board meeting minutes.
• Dependent on level of experience, assistance with drafting simple agreements: NDAs, authorisation/confirmation letters etc. •
Assisting lead lawyer in litigation matters.
• Assisting lead lawyer with legal research.
• Maintaining legal reports/internal data reports.
• Perform accurate legal research and analysis.
• Interpret laws and regulations in legal documents.
• Compile, proofread and revise drafts of legal documents and reports.
• Daily record keeping with electronic and hard copy filing of documents.
• Prepare and format legal and management reports.
• Maintain and update databases and tracking systems.
• Ensure efficient and effective administrative processes.
• Prepare and edit correspondence, minutes, letters, memos, presentations, and spreadsheets.
• Plan and schedule appointments, conferences, meetings, and travel arrangements for legal staff. General responsibilities
• Compliance with Company policies
• Compliance with the Company’s health and safety procedures
• To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected
• To always maintain professional conduct
- Bachelors Certificate in Law or related subject.
- Highly proficient in the complete MS Office suite.
- Working knowledge of legal research databases.
- Experience with document management systems.
- Knowledge of law practices.
- Knowledge of legal records and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable document development processes
- Excellent planning and organisational skills ad able to adapt to changing priorities and demands
- Deadline-driven self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Able to effectively handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to grasp and interpret legal documents.
- Systematic knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Brilliant written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused on development and improvement