You will support the Head of Compliance, Europe in their oversight of the AML, Risk & Compliance function for both London and Frankfurt offices. Your client group will be diverse comprising of Global Investment Banking, Equity Sales, Private Equity and the Corporate Resource Group.
This role will give you a robust grounding in a generalist compliance role in a fast-paced Financial Services firm. In addition to learning on the job you will have access to talent development initiatives to enable you to build out your skill set. This is an exciting role for the right candidate and a great step in your compliance career!
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Know-your-client (KYC) process: assist with client account opening/money laundering procedures and sanction checks including escalating relevant AML, CTF & Sanction/PEP concerns with the MLRO.
- Compliance monitoring activities: assist with the Compliance Monitoring activities across the European offices including carrying out detailed reviews and ensuring the proper investigation and analysis of potential breaches are documented and escalated accordingly, including keeping an up-to-date action log. Assist in email review.
- Compliance registers: assist with approvals, oversee the maintenance and accuracy of registers (including Complaints, Data Breaches, Watch Lists, PA Dealing, Training, G&E, Breaches, Financial Promotions, Approved Persons) and actively monitor and escalate trends within the department.
- Management reports: assist with the preparatory work for Board Meetings.
- Data Protection: assist with the data protection responsibilities.
- Compliance procedures manuals: assist with updating and enhancing of manuals, policies and procedures. Promote the requirement for the associates to follow compliance policies and procedures.
- Training: assist with compliance training.
- New joiner process: new staff inductions and attestations.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory and industry updates: assist in implementation projects as required.
- Ancillary administrative tasks.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience in a financial services environment.
- Some experience in a relevant field, e. compliance monitoring or financial crime would be advantageous.
- Legal background preferable.
Key Required Skills/Competencies:
- High level of tenacity and a 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst ensuring the work undertaken remains to a high standard.
- Shows the ability to work within a team and alone with one's own initiative.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and escalate areas of inefficiencies and risk to the wider compliance team.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt personal style and approach as appropriate to meet the needs of the business, without compromising standards.
- Superior organisation, prioritisation, and exceptional administrative skills.
- Structured in approach but flexible enough to work in an ever-changing environment.
- Personable, approachable with good energy.
- Degree 2:1 or above.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.