Paralegal - Medical Negligence with Personal Injury
A well regarded, regional law firm are seeking an ambitious Paralegal to join their Medical Negligence and Personal Injury Department in Leamington Spa.
This forward thinking firm have a reputation for providing clear and trusted advice. They are currently expanding, so now is a brilliant time to join them!
To provide assistance in progressing the matters undertaken by Fee Earners on behalf of clients in a cost-effective manner under the supervision of other Fee Earners within the department.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Take New Prospect calls and obtain sufficient information to assess prospects of success.
- Obtain medical records from Prospects and/or Hospitals and GP's.
- Obtain Formal Complaint and/or Formal response.
- Set up claims on the Portal
- Obtain medico-legal reports
- Submit Stage 2 settlement packs
- Convert Prospects into New Matters where the claim has good prospects.
- Set up files and carry out all risk assessments and conflict checks.
- Draft all initial documents including Client Care Letter/CFA and obtain Client's ID documents.
- Prepare preliminary case summary
- Prepare preliminary witness statements
- Prepare preliminary schedule of loss
- Prepare application for ATE
- Prepare files for costs draftsmen
- Approach letters to experts
- Draft Court forms
- Cost update letters
- ATE updates
- Time recording of all matter related work
- Up-to-date knowledge of the law and legal system as is required for the Department
- Excellent time keeping and Organisational skills
- Knowledge of legal principles involved in the progression of claims for compensation arising out of medical negligence and/or personal injury on behalf of clients
- A good working knowledge and application of up to date Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Dealing with clients and fellow members of staff with excellent communication skills
- A working knowledge and experience of using case management systems is highly desired
- Competitive Salary with annual reviews
- Generous holiday entitlement which increase with service
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted legal fees (on completion of probation period)
- BUPA healthcare scheme (on completion of probation period)
- Long service awards
- Career development and performance reviews
- Technical and personal skills training
- Community and fundraising events
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to get started in their legal career with a fantastic firm!
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch with me today!
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.