The Client - We are currently working with a City law firm who pride themselves on their private client work. They wish to hire a newly qualified accountant to manage a portfolio of high net worth clients, handling tax computations and tax returns.
The Role - Working directly with the Head of Finance and partners across the firm, you will take responsibility for preparing financial information and ad-hoc performance reports on allocated trust funds. This involves;
- Overseeing the preparation of accounts for trusts and charitable organisations
- Tax computations and tax return preparation
- Producing meeting papers for client meetings
- Trust compliance including registrations and inheritance tax forms as required
- Assisting with more complex tax advisory and compliance work on ad hoc assignments when called upon by senior managers and partners
The Desired Candidate will possess a recognised accounting qualification or close to qualifying and currently be operating in a tax focused role working for high net worth UK and international clients, preferably within a law firm or accountancy partnership. Candidates will also possess;
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, macro skills preferable
- Experience of data mining information
- Knowledge of tax reporting, and preparation of statutory accounts, budget maintenance would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Please be aware this is a permanent full time position offering a salary of circa 55k DOE. The firm offers an attractive benefits package as well as potential for agile working.
For further information or to apply, contact Neil Hagan today!